Job Title: Improvement Facilitator
- Job Number: CAAR776900
- Division & Department: Innovation & Performance Improvement — Innovation & Improvement — 171.2050000004
- Location: General & Birchmount
- Position Type: Full-time Permanent
- Length of Contract: Not Applicable
- Shift Duration: Days
- Union Affiliation: NON UNION
Reporting to the Director of Innovation and Improvement, Clinical Operations Support you will be responsible for working with program and service leaders and front line teams to make sustainable, positive changes to operations and quality of care at The Scarborough Hospital. This would include facilitating group discussions, analyzing current business processes and work flows, and by coaching teams in designing, developing, testing and implementing changes ideas through the use of Lean Management and quality improvement methodologies. Also, coaching and mentoring a wide range of internal stakeholders through the creation and delivery of education and training in improvement strategies including but not limited to lean methodologies.
- 3-5 experience as a Improvement Facilitator or in a related field
- Working knowledge of, and experience with, Lean principles and tools.
- Strong project planning skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Familiarity with healthcare and related technologies
- Advanced skills in MS Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, etc.
- Advanced ability to produce clear and concise project reports
- Highly developed organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in negotiation techniques and facilitation skills
- Ability to work independently and to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to work collaboratively with the interprofessional team
- Demonstrates values consistent with TSH’s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
- Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
- Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
- Excellent work performance and attendance record
- Undergraduate Degree. Master’s Degree in a health related discipline, Business or Industrial Engineering, or Improvement Advisor certification through the Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- Project Management Certificate is an asset
TSH offers a culture that fosters Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence (ICARE). We embrace and celebrate our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. TSH is committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.
Alfred Ng, Director, Innovation and Performance Improvement Office, Clinical Operations Support (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Scarborough Hospital | 3050 Lawrence Avenue East | Toronto, ON M1P 2V5