Six engineering professors at U of T, three of whom being affiliated to CHE, receive prestigious Discovery Accelerator Supplements.
Read full article at U of T Engineering News
Featured This Month
Optimal Admission and Discharge Decision-Making in an Intensive Care Unit
A data-driven approach to help capacity planning. Read more…
MIE Professor Dionne Aleman, faculty affiliate of CHE, was recently honoured with the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) 2015 Moving Spirit Award.
Read full article at MIE News
AEDs Save Lives But AEDs in Hiding are Rendered Useless
This project of graduate student Christopher Sun attracted substantial press coverage. Read more…
Engineering a better healthcare system
We pioneer data-driven research to improve system efficiency and enhance patient care.The Centre for Healthcare Engineering (CHE) at the University of Toronto provides a bridge between academia and the healthcare sector, translating the latest research findings to impact practice and offering educational opportunities for students and practitioners.
Please take a look at our brochure.
Read more »
- Press Release – Emergency visits by Ontario youth for mental health, addiction increase by 32 per cent over six years
- Press Release – Canada is failing our heart failure patients
- News Item – Nova Scotia hospitals bill patients $4.8M due to lack of long-term care beds
- News Item – From paper to pixels: More Canadian doctors embracing electronic medical records
- News Item – Zika outbreak likely to reach across Americas
- Press Release – Meet seven student interns from U of T Engineering