Coffee shops, 24-hour ATMs the best locations for life-saving AEDs
Press release on research results, and its subsequent media coverage.
The Peri Family endows two awards for IndE students
From left: Professors Mike Carter and Jean Zu with the Peri Family (photo: Liz Do)
Envisioning a future in which an automated defibrillator is flown to help cardiac arrest victims before paramedics arrive
Featured This Month
Bed Capacity Planning Tool
Simulation and optimization tools to help identify bed requirements and help smooth and level peak demands through the week. Read more…
Engineering a better healthcare system
We pioneer data-driven research to improve system efficiency and enhance patient care.The Centre for Healthcare Engineering (CHE) at the University of Toronto provides a bridge between academia and the healthcare sector, translating the latest research findings to impact practice and offering educational opportunities for students and practitioners.
Please take a look at our brochure.
Read more »
- News Item – Canada ranks well in global health care access study, but room for improvement
- News Item – Federal health minister vows to bring down ‘unacceptably high’ drug costs
- Publication – Healthier, fairer, safer: the global health journey 2007–2017
- Report – Preventing workplace violence in the health care sector
- Event – 1st Canadian Healthcare Optimization Workshop (May 10-11)
- News Item – How one of Canada’s busiest ERs made progress against overcrowding