Major collaborative healthcare engineering project begins
MIE professors Michael Carter, Chi-Guhn Lee, and Vahid Sarhangian of the Centre for Healthcare Engineering start a three-year project entitled “Quantitative Metrics and Methods for Perioperative Supply Chain Management.” Read more
Engineering the Future of Health Care
A discussion featuring Prof. Timothy Chan, Dr. Robert Howard and Mr. Tom Woods.
Technologies to reduce problem behaviours in people with dementia
Interactive activity centre designed by industry partner Ambient Activity Technologies working with Professor Mark Chignell, Dr. Andrea Wilkinson, and other researchers. Read more…
Featured This Month
Ambulatory Clinic Scheduling
New schedule increased average utilization of examination space from 77% to 97%. Read more…
Engineering a better healthcare system
We pioneer data-driven research to improve system efficiency and enhance patient care.The Centre for Healthcare Engineering (CHE) at the University of Toronto provides a bridge between academia and the healthcare sector, translating the latest research findings to impact practice and offering educational opportunities for students and practitioners.
Please take a look at our brochure.
Read more »
- News Item – Paramedic house call program cuts down on ER visits
- Press Release – Dr. Jack Tu, ‘a giant in health services research, and a great teacher and mentor to our students’
- Job Opportunity – Data Scientist / Senior Strategic Analyst (posted May 22)
- News Item – Head of Canada’s busiest ER says solution to ‘hallway medicine’ isn’t just more beds
- News Commentary – Having a ‘national seniors strategy’ could ease wait time crisis
- Press Release – Government of Canada co-founds Alliance of Champions for Mental Health and Wellbeing