This is a unique role where the successful candidate will have the opportunity to help entrench innovative ways of operating into a relatively new regulatory organization. Amongst other responsibilities, the successful candidate will:
- Plan, implement, evaluate and refine the organization’s overall business intelligence, analytics, and operational risk control strategies.
- Employ best practices in research, analysis and consultation with stakeholders to understand cause and effect, identify emerging issues and problems, provide insights on operational processes, and to support evidence-based decision- making.
- Collaborate with management, IT and team members to develop and implement processes for the operational risk control program and, regarding data and systems governance.
- Lead or participate in project groups, including project planning and maintenance, strategy development, metrics development, execution and evaluating effectiveness of selected risk control strategies.
- Provide integrated analytical summaries and compelling reports to inform decisions, status or where changes in direction are required.
Advertisement from: Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority
We currently have a regular full time opening for a Decision Support Analyst in our Decision Support at our Bayview Campus.
Summary of Duties
- Monthly and quarterly processing of data. The analyst will work with financial statistical and clinical data sets ensuring data files follow assigned technical specifications.
- Detailed data analysis to ensure quality and integrity of data (financial, statistical and clinical).
- Participate in the preparation of annual and quarterly submissions to the Ministry. The analyst will assist in the creation of trial balance and case costing submissions.
- Development and production of ad-hoc and standard reports and analysis.
- Assist in education and analysis to contribute to the Decision Support team’s ability to fulfill its mandate.
Advertisement at: Sunnybrook Hospital
Windsor Regional Hospital is embarking on a multi-year initiative to standardize and optimize clinical and nonclinical care processes across both Ouellette and Met Campuses. The focus will be on identifying and implementing world wide best practices into the operations at both campuses. Some best practices might already be occurring and they will be standardized across the system. This standardization and optimization work will establish the foundation for best practices that will then be used for the design and operation of a new state of the art Acute Care Hospital.
Once the state of the art acute care hospital is in operation this role will continue to support ongoing continuous improvement by continually ensuring best and leading practices are in place at Windsor Regional Hospital.
Full announcement at: Windsor Regional Hospital
Primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Creation of a stand-alone software that is able to automatically track the position of a three targets in a movie loop, while also reconstructing the position of the three targets in 3D space.
- Creation of a stand-alone software that can be used to compare software generated treatment plans to doses actually delivered to patients.
- Facilitating evaluation of clinical trial data particularly evaluation of patient motion during stereotactic ablative radiotherapy.
- Participating in group meetings and assisting supervisor and medical trainees in experiments, data gathering, analysis and presentations.
- Have broad expertise in medical physics research.
- Interactions with regulatory agencies and industrial research.
- Ensure all experiments are carried out in accordance with research institute standards and infection prevention control guidelines.
- Assisting supervisor in preparation of manuscripts, grant applications, ethics applications and educational materials as needed
Source: Sunnybrook Hospital
You: Are a problem solver, interested in tackling challenging health policy and health care questions. You are a motivated team player looking to be part of a team of biostatisticians, epidemiologists and mathematicians that support data-driven decision making to improve patient outcomes. You want to dig into WHY the results are what they are and be able to answer important health care questions hiding in existing data. You are looking for a career where you can have a real impact.
Posting at: Cancer Care Ontario
As a Decision Support Analyst in this regular full-time opportunity within our Decision Support Department, you will:
- Collaborate with the Decision Support consultants to design and implement sophisticated Cognos Business Intelligence solutions that will be disseminated throughout the organization
- Assist with all aspects of the plan, design, development and delivery process
- Liaise with clients both within Decision Support and across hospital departments with regard to preparation, documentation, and resolution of data quality and reporting issues
- Closely collaborate with the IT department to upload and test the quality assurance of data, using in-depth knowledge of software programs and information systems
- Support the maintenance and update of the data warehouse, metadata and Cognos data packages and cubes
- Prepare detailed design documents, technical specifications and other project documentation, as required.
Posting at: Sunnybrook Hospital
Location: Rochester, MN, US
Department: Center for the Science of Health Care Delivery
Implements and manages the scientific analysis plan for research projects. Proposes study designs and methodologies for quantitative and/or qualitative projects; assigns aspects of the analysis and provides direction to appropriate personnel (statistical programmer analyst, programmers, and analysts). Conducts advanced analysis using quantitative and qualitative software, reviews and interprets data and recommends action steps based on analytical results. Identifies existing institutional or external data sources and develops procedures for data collection. Manages project tasks for research projects. Keeps assigned projects on task, identifies project operational problems and proposes solutions. Contributes to the development of new projects, summarizes findings of comprehensive literature reviews, and prepares reports synthesizing analytical quantitative and/or qualitative results emphasizing the implications of findings. Contributes to the development of presentations, manuscripts and grant preparation.
Read announcement at Mayo Clinic.
Reporting to the Director of Quality and Performance, the Quality Improvement Specialist will work closely with project sponsors to support them with their large scale complex projects. The incumbent will take a lead or support role in managing those projects through a project’s lifecycle and provide quality/process improvement and change management support to project business leads and sponsors during the implementation stage.
Read full announcement at St. Michael's Hospital.
Applicants are sought for a postdoctoral position on the topic of developing and integrating automated planning and scheduling and robotic intelligence with human-robot interaction (HRI) in order to allow personal robots to manage and perform activities in human-centered healthcare environments. Population aging is a complex issue that concerns not only the well-being of our elders, but also brings forth severe health, social, and economic problems. This research will address the challenge of incorporating personal robots as long-term resources in healthcare facilities.
Read announcement from Toronto Intelligent Decision Engineering Laboratory.
The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Capacity Planning and Priorities is seeking a Planning Analyst to provide expertise and advice on planning, policies and programs addressing the ministry’s strategic direction and priorities for the health system, including planning for health service delivery that is cost effective, high quality and sustainable.
Read full announcement at Ontario Public Service Careers.